Override default brightness settings to be more comfortable to you, and not according to power plans and power saving settings.
Download The Free Version:
The free version will run for unlimited amount of time, but will display a reminder every month to buy a license, and some minor other limitations.
If you use the free version for anything other than personal use or use in charity, then you are not allowed to run the free version for more than 30 days .
Buy The Full Version:
The ability to buy the full version is currently disabled, please check back soon.
- Keep brightness when switching power plans.
- Keep brightness when switching from AC to DC or vice-versa.
- Control brightness on windows server 2008, 2008 r2, 2012.
- Power of the monitor with a single click, and optionally lock the screen and send the user to the login screen.
- Display accurate brightness values and percentage.
- Display brightness percentage in tray.
- Does not require administrator privileges to run or to install.
- Does not touch any system files or registry setting – can be uninstalled by deleting the .exe file and the setting file
(only modifies the registry if the option to auto start on system start-up is selected).
- (optional) Get notified of application updates and bug fixes.
This is a tool that allows you to control the brightness more precisely, and stops the computer from auto changing the brightness whenever the power plan changes or you convert between AC and DC, this will allow you to control your brightness manually based on your environment, without worrying about the automatic brightness change due to windows power plans.
This tool also allows you to modify the brightness on the server versions of windows, where windows by default doesn’t allow managing it easily.
This tools allows you to power of the monitor anytime, and without waiting for idle timeout, and allow you to optionally lock the screen at the same time.
- OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 r2, Windows server 2012.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (Web Installer), alternate link: (Standalone Installer).
- Internet Connection is required to receive notifications of new updates.
- RAM: 40 MB free, Processor: a modern CPU running at 1ghz, faster CPU is recommended.
Note: I have not tested this tool on all listed operating systems, however, the documentation for the used code is saying that those OSes are supported, I only tested on Windows 7, Please feel free to share your experience.
Please post any feature request or bug report in the comments below, and it will be considered as soon as possible.
View upgrade instructions from older versions
Version: 1.2 (1.2.13209.1318) – July 28, 2013
- Fixed a bug with starting with system startup
- Modified License key system
- Modified EULA
Version: 1.1 (1.1.13185.1500) – July 04, 2013
- Fix behavior when clicking: PageUp / Up / PageDown / Down
- Modified License
- Other minor fixes/modifications
Version: 1.0 (1.0.13081.36) – March 22, 2013
- Initial release
There are 2 methods of upgrading:
Run the new .exe, and it will guide you through the needed steps to replace the old .exe with the new version.
Method 2: (alternative method)
1. Close any running instance of brightness control, you can check for any process named “BrightnessControl.exe” in task-manager and end it.
2. Goto the folder C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\BrightnessControl
3. Delete the old BrightnessControl.exe and replace it with new downloaded one.
4. Double click on the new copied .exe to run it.